IMPORTANT CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
GT Pre-Health Advising offers remote advising appointments and drop-ins as part of our regular practice. Due to COVID-19, we will offer hybrid services and programming for the Fall 2022 term. Click here for updates about GT's response to COVID-19.
Welcome to Georgia Tech Pre-Health Advising!
Welcome to Pre-Health Advising at Georgia Tech! Did you know there are hundreds of careers in health and health-related fields? Do you know the difference between an MD and a DO? Do you know your OT from your PT? We are here to help you explore your career options in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, public health, and other health professions. We want you to dream big and to find the career that’s a great fit for your interests, skills, and work style. Once you’ve chosen a career path, we will help you to identify and apply to the appropriate professional or graduate programs. Not only will Pre-Health Advising offer you support, guidance, and valuable information, but our services are mandatory if you plan to use our Letter of Evaluation system when you apply to professional school. Pre-Health Advising is available for all Georgia Tech undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni. We will support you until you have met your health career goals. Visit with us during Drop-In Hours or schedule an appointment!
- Register for our Canvas site here.
- Canvas is the official place to self-identify as Pre-Health at Georgia Tech.
- Explore the site and follow the instructions on the Home and Syllabus pages.
- Sign up for our listserv here. ***NOTE*** The lists.gatech.edu site is not working currently with Chrome, but it still seems to work with other web browsers. Sorry for this inconvienence!
- Search for "Pre-Health," then select: email@example.com
- This will ensure you receive important communication from our office.
- Unsubscribe from listserv and Canvas HERE
- Join our Piazza page here.
- Piazza allows you to connect with our pre-health community to get quick answers to your pre-health questions.
- Check in with your Pre-Health Professional Advisor at least once a semester. Find more information here.
- Make an appointment with a Professional Advisor to discuss personal questions.
- Stop by our Drop-In hours for quick, general questions.
NOTE: Given the heavy flow of emails, drop-in hours are strongly encouraged over “quick question” emails.
- Reach out to a Pre-Health Peer Advisor to gain insight from a student perspective on being a pre-health student at GT. Find more information here.
- Stop by our Drop-In hours for general questions.
- Make an appointment with a Peer Advisor to discuss more personal questions.
Daily Online Group Advising Sessions (Drop-In Hours):
CANCELED DATES (for advisor led sessions):
- Thursday and Friday, November 24-25 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 26-30 (Winter Break)
- All GT Holidays and Closures
Professional Advisor Drop-in Hours (EDT/EST):
Hosted by Francisco Castelan, Mariah Liggins, Shannon Dobronski (LINK)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8:30-9:30 AM*
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:00-4:00 PM
Peer Advisor Drop-in Hours:
Nimra Khan (LINK)
- Tuesday and Thursday 4-6PM
Basma Hamid (LINK)
- Thursday and Friday: 4:15-6:15 PM *Basma's office hours for the week of 11/21 will be moved to Monday and Tuesday.
Andy Borst (LINK)
- Thursdays: 6-9 PM
- Fridays: 3-4 PM
Questions for the Peer Advisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of Evaluation (LOEs) Virtual Drop-in Hours:
If you have quick questions related to LOEs, you can connect virtually with the LOE Coordinator, Ms. Monique Morris (LINK) *LOE drop-in hours will be suspended as of Aug. 30th, and replaced with appointments on the following days:
Tuesdays 11 AM -12 PM
Fridays 1-2 PM
All LOE inquires and appointments can be directed to the email@example.com email.
NOTE: Please be aware that the Virtual Drop-In Hours via Zoom will be an open space to conduct group advising sessions online. Anyone with the link below can enter the Zoom space at any time, so it's not the space for personal conversations. If you have general questions, the "Zoom Group Online Advising Hour" is the place to be. (Schedule an appointment on Advisor Link for more personal conversations.) You can use Zoom through your web browser or download the app.
Note Regarding FERPA, student privacy, and virtual advising:
We are offering students the opportunity to conduct advising via videoconferencing, but must convey that this method does make ensuring FERPA privacy difficult. Advisors will conduct video advising in a private location, and recommend that students do the same to limit the amount of information which could be overheard by others in the vicinity. By agreeing to video conference-advising, students are confirming they understand this situation.